Flooding in Orange County

For flooding victims in Orange County there are a few resources available

  • UPDATED INFORMATION on storm and storm recovery Orange County Emergency Management Facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/OrangeCountyEmergencyManagement  or visit https://www.orangecountygov.com/
  • Emergency Repair Grant: RDAC/RUPCO is responsible for administering the $3 Million in grant money made available by NYS for Orange County Homeowners who suffered flood damage from the storm on July 9th, 2023. Grants of up to $50,000 will be awarded based on a scope of work approved by RDAC. Applicants must be homeowners whose primary residence is Orange County and who have incomes at or below 80 percent of the Area Median Income. The income chart can be found here: https://rupco.org/flood-assistance-program/. Intake for eligible homeowners will remain on the website until Monday, August 14th, at 1:00 p.m. Once received, all applications must be completed and submitted to RDAC/RUPCO by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, August 21st. For more information or if you have questions, please call Jean Beach at 845-713-4568 ext. 114.
  • In addition, the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors has announced a $500,000 program to assist residents impacted by the flash flooding and damage from the July 9th storm. Each household affected by this disaster is eligible for up to $2,000 towards mortgage, rent, or hotel expenses due to displacement. Applications are available at the HGAR website: https://www.hgar.com/realtors-relief-foundation, and the deadline for application submission is October 15, 2023. If you have questions or concerns, email: StormRelief@HGAR.com.
  • FEMA updates – www.FEMA.gov, (800) 621-3362 (TTY 800-462-7585)
  • Small Business Administration (SBA), www.SBA.gov, (800) 659-2955
  • To report damages:
  • Volunteers – Residents interested in volunteering to help the Highland Falls community should contact the American Red Cross at 1-800-REDCROSS
  • Consumer Affairs, 845-360-6700
  • DSS (Department of Social Services), 845-291-4000
  • Health Department, 845-291-2332
  • Office for the Aging, 845-615-3700
  • Mental Health, 845-291-2600
  • Veteran Service Agency, 845-291-2470
  • Price Gouging: Report the specific increased prices, dates, and places that they saw the increased prices; provide copies of their sales receipts and photos of the advertised prices, if available. Residents can report price gouging with Attorney General’s Office, call 1-800-771-7755.